Re: [alfa] Changes in the 2 liter block

Some time ago I found a web page that gave the dimension between the water
pump and the head/ block interface

It is easy to identify the size of your 105-engine. There are two ways to
do it: Check the identification mark on the front of the head, facing the
radiator. Measure the distance between the head and the top of the waterpump

1300 engine. Distance between head and waterpump = 0
1600 engine. Distance between head and waterpump approx. 25 mm
1750 engine, first series. Distance between head and waterpump approx. 40 mm
1750 engine, second series, used on 116 and Alfetta cars. Distance between
head and waterpump approx. 40 mm
2000 engine. Distance between head and waterpump approx. 40 mm

Is this any help?

Gwynne Spencer