[alfa] Duetto Racer

After the movie was completed the Duetto in question, which was on loan from
Alfa, was given to Lee Midgley and Bob Griffith whith the intent of Alfa that
the car be campaigned in SCCA races. It was and quite succesfully. Midgley
and
Griffith owned an Alfa dealership in Riverside, California at the time. Lee
went on to campaign a GTA in the Trans Am series and finished 2nd to Horst
Kweck in 1970 (GTA). Bert Everett finished 3rd (GTA) for a sweep. Lee has
since passed away. However his son is still living here locally as is Bob
Griffith. I believe the car is still being raced in local events in the
midwest. I will talk to Chuck Midgley and Bob Griffith and ask for details on
the car and will post them to the digest.
Yes, Mr. Biba, I would love to hear what you think about the car being
converted into a racer.
As far as I'm concerned all Alfas are race cars converted to street cars. lol

God Bless America
Anthony Licalzi
Hemet, Ca.
USA