[alfa] Re: CD50

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:25:24 -0500
From: John Hertzman <giovannisvedese@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Cromodora CD50- Mag or Aluminum?

Tom Faust wonders whether his Cromodora 'Daytona' CD 50 wheels off his
Alfetta are magnesium or aluminum - he is inclined to think aluminum  -
and adds "They are marked 'offset H2, can anyone translate that?"

According to an undated, but circa 1972, Cromodora catalog I have "We
diecast our wheels in magnesium alloy - - "

I'll second that. In addition, several sets of CD50's I've seen were all
marked "offset 22", not "offset H2". The reference is of course to the 22mm
offset of the wheel. I wonder if Tom made a typo?

Val
Seattle
'67Duetto
'91Veloce