[alfa] Rear axle noise on high(est) mileage GTV6

Happy holidays to all!!

My '83 GTV6 has a "cyclical" noise in the rear wheel areas on whichever side that's takin' the load when I corner - the faster I corner, the louder it gets. I've never seen/heard of another GTV6 w/this problem, but then how many GTV6s are there with 420k (s)miles on them? I believe the noise is caused by the worn splined short shafts and the female receptacle (for use of a better term) they mate with to drive the rear wheels.

Can this be repaired or would they need to be replaced?

If they can be repaired, how?

If they need to be replaced is there a source for either new or very low mileage components to replace the worn ones with?

Grazie in avanzamento,
'nardo - Alpine, TX
83 GTV6 - currently being repaired in Austin, TX