[alfa] Re: Stupid looking alfas

> and Richard Bies, you are referring to the "Italian" Studey, aren't you?? I
> forget the model, but it was a beauty of a design and oh,so Italian in
> concept....
> I just looked it up -- 53/54 Starliner coupes and Starlight sedans. The
> side grills are extremely reminiscent of Alfa's side grills of the era.
> Very daring stuff for that time; never would have been done in Dearborn or
> Detroit.
>
> Felix

Hmmm--thanks, I don't remember the nomenclature....or which year this
shape first appeared.  I remember Starliner as the label for the earlier
coupes in which the windows went around back from behind one door to the
other -- while I do not recall the shape I speak of being called "Hawk"
until '56 or so -- simply "hardtop"?

While we're at it, what Lancia was it that the Avanti blew-up and copied?

rmb