[alfa] re: from a new Spider owner

Congrats!  First: hope all surgeries go well.

you've stumbled upon an interesting group here, and if i may speak for us all,
we're glad to have another friend/family member.

I had been driving my '87 Spider Veloce as an only car for about 5 years, and
then bought an '03 protege for work (i'm in sales, and drive way to much with
too much stuff in the trunk for the Spider to work). The Spider is a
with-me-forever love affair though. i'm 25, and it is my first car, and God
willing, i'll keep it for a long time. Enjoy yours as much as possible. I know
it gets cold up there, but bundle up if you need to -- just drive it.

Don't put the top up/down in the cold much or the window'll crack (when you
get a new one -- good luck with that -- i had the threads on mine give way and
just installed a new top this weekend. not much fun). I do recommend putting a
rolled towel against the window when you do lower it to keep the window from
getting creased.

Again, congrats on your purchase. Feel free to ask any questions of the
Digest, no matter how silly it may seem. Many of us have been there and will
gladly share any tips/warning we come across.

kyle in houston