Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:03:29 -0800
From: alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] A Spica out of place

Just for the heck of it, Googled Spica. The first began Spica - Alpha
Virginis...

As interesting as that sounded, added fuel injection to the search. The
1973 Euro Touring Car Championship was powered with Spica injected cars.
Pretty sure All Montreals were fueled by twin Spicas. And have always
heard the Spica was formally used on Alfa's Euro diesel engines.

I'm somewhat surprised there isn't at least one Wes Ingram in Europe (I
assume europa is the same as Europe). Also, while hardly having the same
innards, understand the (forget if it is BMW or Porsche - or both) had a
similar mechanical / electrical system which I believe Wes also works
on. I'd guess like a very good watchmaker, if one can do one, then they
can do the other. Parts availability might be a different matter though.
No European name came up in the first three or four pages though.

Was a bit surprised that a Korean company - Sung-Ho Trading - list Spica
along with Euro carbs. Not sure what they do with them, didn't visit the
site. On the other hand if a company in India is now Ferrari's Formula
One engine supplier...

Short of that, probably shipping his unit to Wes is the best idea.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA