RE: [alfa] Re: General Questions from a new Spider owner...

Little did I know what can of worms I would open up bringing up that I FELT
like Ferris driving down Lake Shore Drive in my Spider. :-)

To settle this conversation, I refer to the Internet Movie Database

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091042/trivia)
"The Car" in the movie was a Ferrari 250GT California Spyder, of which 104
were produced. This version of Ferrari's already famous 250 series was
designed specifically for the American market, featuring only two seats, a
convertible top, and more horsepower than in its standard European trim.

The car parked to the left of the Ferrari in the garage is also an MG, in
this case an MG TC.

The 1961 Ferrari GT250 was a modified MG sports car. The producers received
several angry letters from car enthusiasts who believed the car shown was a
*real* Ferrari and that it was actually wrecked in the film.

...it would be my understanding, given the last note, that the actual
Ferrari wasn't destroyed, but instead a modified MG was destroyed in that
fateful scene.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

Jeff