[alfa] Re: TZ definition

Not according to the reference books (Owen, Styles, Robson). The car
was officially called the GTZ or Gran Turismo Zagato, or sometimes just
the TZ for Turismo Zagato, or Touring Zagato. The Tubolare Zagato was a
"nickname", one which stuck, in fact, but that's not the car's official
name, apparently.

I had always heard it called a Tubolare Zagato, and  nothing else for
years, so that was far and away the more popular name for the car. I
even knew a guy who bought one new and rolled it at VIR in the
mid-1960's (I was there - Ouch!)

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'
(CA Lic# 'TIPO116')