[alfa] getting a Spider inspected in Houston

Specifically asked for Houston Alfisti.  I need to get my '87 Spider inspected
in Houston TX USA (Harris county) and need to know a few things to look out
for. Is emissions testing required here? I need to change a few bulbs and
adjust the throttle linkage and a few other things, but its the emissions
thing that has me worried (its been sitting for a while with no top on it, and
expired 2 months ago).  if it is required, can anybody recommend an inspection
shop that is sympathetic to our addictions? (although i think tonight's
Italian tuneup probably helped clean the pipes out)

On the other hand, i would like to state for the record that putting a top on
a Spider for the first time is an experience to be.... cherished. One quick
question: when you feed the tension wires through the top, where do you attach
them at the front of the frame? I didn't see it anywhere in the instructions.
i attached it onto an undisclosed point, but would like to fix it since i'm
pretty darn sure i erred.

i miss driving her. mazdas don't compare. (surprise)