[alfa] Defrauded on "parting out 1976 spider"?

Back in V10#334, (9/17/04) the post below was made. I responded and entered into a dialogue for purchase of the drivetrain. The individual has posted at least two other Digest advertisements offering parts from this car. After many delays I have now received a email indicating the email address has "failed". I think I've been defrauded of the payment I've sent for the drivetrain and shipping.

If anyone else has had experience with this individual please contact me OFF DIGEST. If you want more info, contact me OFF DIGEST. I do not want to make this a public flogging. Perhaps this is all just a coincidence and the parts are really on the way (after a month) and the email bounce was just a temporary accident. I've been trying to give the seller every benefit of doubt. But I'm thinking that there may be some other suckers out there like me. This is the first time I've had an internet deal go south, if any of you have advice on dealing with this kind of fraud I'd be interested in hearing about recourse..OFF DIGEST.