[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #442

It's also currently closed for "renovation" as of July but it MIGHT be
reopened by now. Even though the website said that it would be closed
from July 1, to August 31, I found it still closed when I was in Milan
last month. Best to check by faxing them at:

0039 - 02 - 9315564

before you leave for Italy

I put renovation in quotes because Fiat has been threatening to move
the Museum for about 5 years and It's just possible that this
renovation incorporates that move. If Fiat is doing what they said they
were going to do, the museum will be relocated to downtown Milan. A
good thing I believe. It will certainly be easier to get to, one won't
have to traipse through the Alfa office building, surrendering one's
passport at the gate, and, ostensibly won't be forcibly ejected at
12:30 until 2:00 PM every day for lunch. The "old" museum had no real
staff on the floor, just a cleaning lady who locks and unlocks the
doors for visitors. You can get a guide if your party is at least 10
persons. Otherwise, you're on your own.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'
(CA Lic# 'TIPO116')