[alfa] GTV 6 Transaxel ratios

At 7:09 PM +0000 11/20/04, alfa-digest wrote:
>Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:57:51 -0500
>From: "Emi." <belmonte@domain.elided>
>Subject: [alfa] RE: GTV6 transaxel ratios
>
> Thanks to all that responded to my inquiry.
>
> Those on the list that have owned both an 83 and 85 gtv/6 I would like to
>hear your experiences with the cars in terms of performance. does the 4.10
>gear ration in the 85 really make a difference? Further, did you find the 83
>sluggish etcc.
>
>Thanks in advance

Emilio

I have an 82 GTV 6 Balocco with the Milano Platinum transaxle with limited slip diff. I also have an 83 GTV 6 with the stock transaxle.

They seem like 2 different cars, but I can't confirm that it's the transaxle that's making the difference. It is possible that the previous owner of the Balocco made some other modifications. It is really noticeable off the line. The Balocco is much more responsive.

If you are looking for some parts in Ontario, I bought some used alfa parts in Hamilton, Ontario from Serpent Motorsports. The last time I had been in touch with Serpent Motorsports was about 18 months ago.

If I can give you any other info send me an e-mail off-line. I live in Edmonton.

Peter
GTV 6 Balocco
83 GTV 6
77 Spider