Re: [alfa] FW: Notice of revocation to USA

Warren,

Your message is taken with grins (US for humor). Tell the Queen that this
revocation may be a little more difficult than she might wish. Along with a
large percentage of the world's vintage Alfas, we 'mericans have approximately
4.3 guns per person*, not all of which are Texas styled six-shooters. This
number is climbing rapidly since the failure of our congress to renew the
assault weapons ban. Don't forget the British rules for war as quoted by Bill  Cosby:

"The British shall wear Red  Coats, march in a straight line, led by a
marching drum corps. They shall fight  from open positions on roads, or in clear
fields. They may not hide in doorways  or other cover. They may not enlist any
allies, other than native Americans.

The  Americans shall wear buckskin or other camouflage clothing, shall hide
behind  rocks and trees, and shall attack from ambush, and without warning. The
 Americans may enlist foreign and native allies. They may disperse into the
communities when a battle is concluded.

The  Red Coats shall reassemble and march back to their barracks, during
which march  they may be subject to additional attacks from ambush."

In reference to your comment about distinguishing between English and
Australian accents, don't forget to include the Irish and Scottish accents.  These
folks seem to be a bit peeved when they are mistaken for English.

Speaking about football, just how many countries play ARF? (Australian  Rules
Football)
Oh yes, and the roots of Rugby are traced to Rome, China and Japan, and
according to some sources, Scandinavia. I think we just became bored with the
monotony of these games and spiced them up a bit.

Don't forget the one big difference between the U S of A and Australia,
British subjects fled to what became the USA to escape the English, British
subjects were sent to the penal colony of Australia as punishment for crimes
comitted*.

Oh yes, and don't tell the Czechs, Poles or Hungarians that the Russians
really were good guys. The might become a bit disturbed.

My apologies for being a stirrer, although this is written with tongue in
cheek.

Cheers,

Bruce Sharer
Raleigh, NC USA
'69 Spider
'74 GVT 2000
'85 GTV-6
(* no attempt at historical  correctness)