[alfa] Engine Mounts

Does anyone out there know anything about installing after-market Veloce
engine mounts in a '64 1600 Normale?  I purchased a pair from a
well-established and reputable after-market Alfa parts supplier and ran
into a tremendous amount of difficulty reinstalling the engine.  After
finally getting engine back in, the transmission support bracket holes
no longer lined up with the holes in the frame, so I could not complete
the installation.  The holes in the bracket were shifted about .5"
towards the passenger side of the car.  Supplier claims this has never
been a problem, although (in retrospect,) logic tells me it should be
(or could be,) since the new tilt angle of the engine/tranny would shift
things a bit.  Does anyone know what the solution is, or at least why no
one else seems to have had this problem? (I installed new mounts,
incidentally, in order to gain better access to the Webers, which I
installed many years ago.)

Thanks!

Ed

Ed Rosenthal