[alfa] Crankshaft pulley failure

I completely agree with Hans (of ItalianMotorWorks) comments regarding the demise of Alfa 4-cylinder crank pulleys. They are built like the proverbial brick shit house and if one installs them correctly (as in by hand and with a good torque wrench) should last until the next ice age.

Removing them might be a different ball of wax (whatever that means). I'd make sure the lip of the nut's washer is completely straightened / flat, then use huge quantities of PB Blaster - then wait - perhaps some more - before forcing it to endure your Hummer powered torque wrench.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA