Re: [alfa] 164 projects in Bay Area?

On Monday 22 November 2004 14:02, you wrote:

> Have you checked your local Fastenal supplier or McMaster?
> I sourced almost all my bolts through them for everything. ONly
> one I couldn't find there was the M7 valve cover hex head screw.
>
> http://www.fastenal.com
> http://www.mcmaster.com
>
> Usually one of these stores in each city.
>
> Damon

Damon,

I checked McMaster-Carr, MSC, Global Metrics in San Carlos, and
a few others.  None of them carry the bolt I am after.  So I went
ahead and ordered some from Alfa Parts in Berkeley.  They should
show up in a week or two.

Speaking of 7mm: Global Metrics carries the elusive M7x1.0.  When
I first found out I drove straight up there and stocked up on 7mm
hardware.

Isn't it interesting that almost nobody carries M7 fasteners
(metric specialty shops included), yet M7 taps are so commonplace?

And speaking of Global Metrics, I remember a shiny red 164S
parked in the same complex.  Perhaps the owner is on the Digest.

Regards
Tom
thomasw@domain.elided