Re: [alfa] Brake MC grommets

At 06:27 PM 11/19/2004 +0000, you wrote:
<snips>
From: "Dean W. Cains" <dwc@domain.elided>

Just a few years ago I found a vendor for those grommets, albeit a P-car
parts vendor. It was likely Pelican Parts, but I'm not all that sure. They were cheap, too, <$2 ea. If anyone has the time to do some hunting, here's the URL:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/911M_catalog.htm

I also bought a brake MC reservoir cap for <$10.

>From: "Watry, Andrew (LNG-SFR)" <Andrew.Watry@domain.elided>
>Subject: [alfa] Brake MC grommets
>
>The rubber grommets (sort of hat-shaped in cross section) that hold the
>brake MC reservoir to the MC itself on late 105/115, 116 cars are
>replaceable. They do deteriorate and leak, sometimes badly. Drain the
>reservoir if you can first. Gently pry upwards on the reservoir, with some
>wiggling and twisting, and the reservoir should come off, sometimes with the
>grommets, sometimes with them remaining in the MC ports. Then find some new
>ones, pop them in place, then clean and replace the reservoir, twisting and
>wiggling into place til it's snug. If you're lucky, you don't even have to
>bleed the system afterward (it's all on the supply side, not the pressure
>side), if some fluid remains in the ports the whole time.
>
>I don't know if new grommets are available new separate from the MC or
>reservoir.
Here it is @ 3.40 each:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/images/brake_parts/brakes4e.gif

Now, can anyone provide a source for just the O-ring that seals the brake MC to the booster on hanging pedal 105/115 Alfa (and others - GTV6? & those using the same Brake MC)?
//kct, Powell, TN