[alfa] re: GTV6 transaxle ratios

At 6:27 PM +0000 11/19/04, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:15:25 -0500
From: "Brian Shorey" <bshorey@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: [alfa] GTV6 transaxle ratios

Hans,

 81 transaxles had a 4.10 final ratio.
 82-84 had a 3.42 ratio.
 All three had the same gear ratios, but none had limited slip diff.
 Late 85 and silver Milanos had a 4.10 ratio again, but with a
 longer first gear, and they had the newer much better shift
 linkage, BUT there's a speedo drive snag that must be
 addressed electronically if you're gonna install it in an
 earlier GTV6.
 It's written up in the Bosch version of the AROC Tech notes.
 3.0 Milanos had a 3.54 ratio with limited slip diff.
 Platinum Milanos had a 4.10 with limited slip which, combined
 with a 3.0 makes a sleeper.
 There will be a quiz.
My understanding is that the 3.42 was only sold in '82 and '83 (not '84).

In '84, I was under the impression they went back to the 4.10.

???

bs
I believe that Brian is correct. I also know that my car has a 4.10:1 final drive, and when I bought the transaxle from APE, I asked for an '84.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6