[alfa] another life saved by Alfa75

I was driving to my mech, to do some final checks before
driving to official emissions&co tests.
I was driving a very narrow street, a shortway from my
office to the workshop..... I was probably doing 80 or 90kph...
when after a corner I found a WIDE BIG DAMN TRUCK occupying
the whole view in front of me. Damn it was big!
There wasn't room neither for a pedestrian on both sides.
I hit the brakes, smoked the tires, tried to control... but when I
saw I was arriving too long, I tried to move sideways, till
I lovely parked my car against a wall. Not really faced it,
just scrapped the the car against it. The bad news is the
wall was BEGINNING where I hit it, so it's corner loved to
dig inside my car.

After the collision, I put reverse, moved away to let that damn truck
pass (I cannot blame the driver anyway. The matter is that I was probably
too fast for the road, AND the law allows such wide vehicle on such
narrow paths), and drove to mech (that was 1km away). Just there I
found the strength to get off the car and check damages.
Argh. I think I need a Whyskey. Maybe two. Better a bottle.
See the result:
http://art.supereva.it/finnishmyth/DSC04674.JPG
http://art.supereva.it/finnishmyth/DSC04675.JPG
http://art.supereva.it/finnishmyth/DSC04676.JPG
http://art.supereva.it/finnishmyth/DSC04677.JPG
http://art.supereva.it/finnishmyth/DSC04678.JPG
http://art.supereva.it/finnishmyth/DSC04679.JPG
http://art.supereva.it/finnishmyth/DSC04680.JPG
http://art.supereva.it/finnishmyth/DSC04681.JPG
http://art.supereva.it/finnishmyth/DSC04682.JPG

2hs later I had already found BOTH doors, complete (I mean
even with glass, powerwindows motor, interiors, mirror), the
seals, and all mountigns and pivots. The lower plastic body as well.
Luckly I've friends working at salvage yards :-) The parts costed
me 70 (anyone needing cheap parts? mail me!)... but the bodyshop
estimate is some 800. The matter is that the vertical structure between
the 2 doors is hit. Luckly the roof didn't bend or move at all.

Me myself didn't suffer any damange. I hit nothing, absolutely nothing.
The car is fixable, and this confirms the good quality with which these
vehicles used to be built.
Now? Waiting for it to be fixed, I am "stuck" in the 75 Turbo. Not
that I don't like it, but I just hate using it for commuting, city
center drives, rain, gravels, whatever. Moreover its mileage is
something I cannot afford on a daily basis. Anyway it's a matter
of few days I believe.

"(they) know the difference
 between right and wrong.
 They just don't give a damn." (Natural Born Killers)

937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
Myself: http://members.xoom.it/nodoubt73
Finnish Mythology: http://www.finnishmyth.org