[alfa] Re: 164 (was: manual transmission repair)

I would say the 5 series is a better comparison in terms of complexity and
cost to maintain.  Remember, maintainence is generally a function of MSRP,  not
depreciated price.

On a side note, my 164 now has had EVERY part of the cooling system  replaced
(except the relays).  Sure, it's winter time in Houston - only 70  degrees -
but the temp is solid at 180F.
   Yes, only 180.  Confirmed with IR temp gun.
System is stock, aside from VW temp switch for fan actuation.  Brand  new
Alfa radiator.

-mike mcmahon
94 164LS
86 grad
Stafford, TX

In a message dated 11/18/2004 5:52:54 PM Central Standard Time,