[alfa] Speaking of Alfa's return to the USA... (NAC)

I was pleasantly surprised to read this today: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/16/business/16auto.html?oref=login
This effort certainly has implications for the future return of Italian and French cars to the USA.

I thought it was pretty humorous that the writer made the completely unsupported claim that "Auto safety has become a growing global concern because of booming car sales in developing countries including China and India, which have far higher fatality rates than the leading industrial nations, as speeding cars proliferate on rural roads." I suppose it would be somehow unamerican to refer to traffic fatalities without making sweeping claims that attribute them exclusively to speeding.

-Joe