[alfa] looking to borrow or buy a Jetronic ECU for 3L Milano Verde

I've been trying to troubleshoot an annoying and very very intermittent
fault in my 3L Milano Verde. The basic difficulty is that it has a very
infrequent driveability/stall condition, and since it happens rarely, and
then clears up magically on it's own, it's been really hard to diagnose.
I've been driving around with a scope on various signals - as best I can
tell for several seconds it likes to run the injectors at 95% duty cycle,
then magically restore proper operation ( it's not the overrun fuel cut
off - that works right, and my problem is the opposite - it wants to flood
the injectors ON). I've watched the AFM and temp sensors during these
transients, and they look just fine.

This is happening infrequently, say a couple seconds a month, and has been
a longstanding situation ( like 10 years). But I'm motivated to really fix
this - it has gone from a couple hiccups a year to several times a month.
If it really is in the ECU it is something which fixes itself. I've banged
and shaken the ECU with no result, and looking at it it looks
well-soldered, etc. I haven't tried freeze spray or a heat gun, though.

I'm wondering if anyone has a good Jetronic ECU for a 3L, which I could
either buy outright or rent for a couple months of driving to see if
changing the ECU changes the behavior. Let me know - John Fox (
jdfox@domain.elided)