[alfa] FS: Anthracite Verde w/sunroof - SF Bay Area

Hello Digestables:

I am still looking for the right GTV for me, but decided to put my Verde up for sale now. I will likely be adding more to this post, as I am slammed at work this week, and will have more time to go into detail this weekend. Please feel free to email me with questions, or for my phone number.

I bought this car from a guy in Los Angeles, a bit over a year ago. He said he was the second owner, and that the first person to own the car had used it as a commuter car. When he bought it, he had hopes of turning it into a streetable track car, so he had Stewart at Alfa Performance Center rebuild the engine. Since then, the rebuilt engine has had 40K miles put on it. The tach shows 218,000 +/-.

The PO said that APC "ported and polished" the heads, but other than that it was a standard rebuild. They also put in a new steering rack, and I believe did some work on the suspension (I don't have the old maintenance file, but could attempt at getting that).

As you can see from the pics, the car is in very good condition. The pic of the engine compartment is a little old, since I removed the ABS brakes (you can read about my ABS saga here on the forums), and had Roselli Foreign Car in San Jose, CA do the finishing work on the brake lines (they did an excellent job, by the way).

It has wear in the drivers seat, but the passengers seat is almost unused. Some small cracks on the top of the dash, and the headliner is sagging. The headliner is a very easy fix. Also, the arm rest on the center console has a rip in it. So far I haven't been able to find a good replacement for it.

I haven't put too many miles on the car, as I changed jobs shortly after buying it and was gone to Georgia for 6 months. Since getting back, I have a work car, so it was only driven on my days off and weekends.

No rust, save for some small surface rust spots where rocks chipped the paint. It has an old tape deck in it right now, but I can also put in an older Alpine CD player if desired.

I paid what I consider to be an upper-middle price for this car, since it is very clean and has a rebuilt engine and steering rack. It has never been hit and has a clean title. I'm asking what I paid for it, $7000. The car is located in Los Altos, CA.

Feel free to ask any questions, set up a showing time, etc.

Pics located at: http://www.universible.com/images/alfa/sale

or my post on the Alfa BB at: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=7852

Thanks,

Ted