[alfa] Re: Purchasing an Alfa or BMW in Europe

I don't think that this is correct. I think that any American living overseas can do this, but only ONCE.

George Graves

On Nov 14, 2004, at 5:02 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:52:51 -0800
From: "Stefano Iachella" <iachella@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Re: Re: Purchasing an Alfa or BMW in Europe

But, Chip, you CAN buy a new Alfa and bring it back to the USA. If >
you are an American citizen, living abroad, and you buy a car not >
certified by the D.O.T. for sale in the USA, you may bring it home >
with you ....

George, do you know if that applies to Americans living in Europe
while attending college?

This only applies to "Military" personnel. If you are living overseas,
whether
a student or an employee of an NGO, you will NOT get this privilege.
Actual Embassy personnel may get it, but I think only Diplomats.

Stefano
Walnut Creek, CA