[alfa] re: 76 Spider Smog Question

>I have a 1976 Spider that has been off the road for a few years. I picked
>the car up off of Ebay as a non runner. Now that I have it running again,
>the question that I have is....do I have to get it smogged to put it back
on
>the road? My son says it is past the 25 year excemption rule. Of course I
>give him the wary eye of unbelief.

For California, the 25 year rule changed to a floating 30 year rule, and
then
a few months ago they froze the floating part at 1976. A 1975 car doesn't
need a smog check, but a 1976 and later need it.

Nobody go junking their 1975s. Keep the license plates and VIN plates to
convert later cars. I'm still on the lookout for a California 1975 Alfetta
for
those items.

Stefano
Walnut Creek, CA