Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:38:08 -0500
From: Gilbert Gagne <gil5941@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] 85 Spider - No fuel feed

Still 5 miles from home today the engine began to sputter and miss and
just quit, sounding like out-of-gas although I had just filled the tank.
After towing it home, I discovered that neither fuel pump was running.
All fuses check OK. If I jumper the fuel control relay (7-pin) the
external pump will run but the in-tank pump runs only if I jumper 12V
power to it. I swapped out both the main relay (5-pin) and the fuel
control relay with spares from a parts car that I once drove home but
still no power to either pump. My shop manual does not have an
electrical schematic for the fuel system so I am now at a loss what to
check next. Does anyone have an electrical schematic for this L-Jetronic
system?
Gil Gagne
Port Orange, FL
1985 Spider