RE: [alfa] GTV6 speedo problems

> A couple of recent inquiries about GTV6 speedo problem (what
> could be the problem?  They either work, don't work, or read
> wrong, right?).
>
> After X period of time and history goes by, electronic
> problems happen in the GTV6 speedo and it needs to be sent to
> a good speedo shop; when this happened on my 84 car a couple

I have found, in more than one GTV6 speedo, cold solder joints on the main
circuit board.  Simply resoldering these connections have fixed any speedo
problems in any that I've opened.

I personally believe that whomever supplied the GTV6 speedos had a quality
problem, and suggest that one might open up the gauge and inspect the solder
joints on the circuit board before sending it out for service.

HTH,

bs