[alfa] Re: wiper blades rubbing

Ahhh finally I can be a contributing member instead of a lurker.

I had the same problem on my 92 164L I stumbled onto the solution by
accident. Both wiper blades rubbed the underside of the hood but it was at
the joint (elbow) if you will that joined the sprinloaded arm to the fixed
so wiper size had nothing to do with it. One arm stripped out as yours did
and would periodically came loosen. As one digester mentioned yes both
should be splined.

Good news is all you need are wiper arms from a later car I got mine from an
LS not sure what year. And they work perfectly no rubbing.

I suspect this is a bit of an issue with the earlier cars and most don't
know it. I looked at a 91 164s about a week ago which had the same problem.

Clint
Atlanta GA