RE: [alfa] single-row timing chains

I want to be careful with my words, but I would bet my left ... that their is no 5 - 10 HP gain by going to a single-row chain on an Alfa engine.  That is impossible.  I am not buying it at all.

As a mechanical engineer in my previous career at Ford, and from a practical perspective, that is just not possible.  I have an 8HP riding mower that can carry me around my yard, cut 10" grass, etc. or a 8 HP snowblower that can throw 24inches of snow twenty feet...  there is no way it takes this much power to bend and mesh an additional row on a chain in the Alfa engine.

I don't mean to offend anyone, I am just not even close to buying that argument.  Whatever dyno test was done was not done properly or was "goal seeking" (for those familiar with the Excel function...).

--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL