RE: [alfa] Alfa won't stop running

When I was removing a stereo that a previous owner had installed in one of my
cars, for a time the ignition was controlled by stereo on off switch --
couldn't kill the engine without switching off the stereo, couldn't start the
car without switching the stereo on.  The stereo also had connections to the
rear window defroster, the wiper, cigarette lighter and a few other things.
Eighteen vampire clips in total.  I pulled the whole lot out and started from
scratch.

Your problem sounds like a loose connection in or to the ignition switch.
Find the main ignition wire, and trace it to a point where there should be a
break in the circuit but isn't.  From your description, it should be at the
ignition switch.

Regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ