[alfa] Bobcor's Alfas

I know there have been plans to import Alfas before, and as far as I know
they never got off the ground.  But to my knowledge, those weren't with
the cooperation of the factory.  This plan, if the factory is indeed
willing to assist in the homologation, could indeed work.

And there's really no reason to doubt that the factory would be willing
to go along with this.  After all, 1000 confirmed orders with deposits
would represent more cars than they sold in the last two years they were
here combined - 565 in 1994, and 400 in 1995 if my numbers are correct.

I wish I could help.  As much as I'd like to be behind the wheel of a new
Alfa, $60k is just plain too rich for my blood.  I suspect that to reach
the required number of orders, some of the orders will have to come from
outside the Alfa enthusiast community.  And, even though Alfa has always
built incredible sedans, most non-Alfa Club folks think Alfa is a
sportscar company.   I have to wonder if the Spider wouldn't have been a
better choice to attempt.

Regardless, I get the impression that somewhere, Max Hoffman is
smiling....