RE: [alfa] Plug hole stripped

<RE: Plug repair - pray tell, what do you feel happens to the "filings" (yes, there is a better term) which don't come out with the <tap? I for one would prefer not to bet my engine they will ALL be blown out through the exhaust - and of course aluminum just <laughs (chortle, chortle) at magnets.
<
<Biba
<Irwindale, CA USA

This is a needless worry. Soft aluminum filings are unlikely to scratch hard cylinder liners or hardened valve faces. Following the repair, start the engine with the one plug missing and everything will be immediately blasted out at high velocity. The stuff may even blast some carbon loose.

Gil Gagne
Port Orange, FL
1985 Spider