Re: [alfa] Car Shipping

     I would like to reiterate that when you contact with a broker, you have
no guarantee that this broker is in charge. They can and will sell the
contract to another broker and ultimately, the broker sells the contract to a carrier
anyway. The broker never sees the car and probably will not even know where
it is during transport. After they pick the car up from the previous owner,
your car can sit in the carrier's lot for a couple weeks until they load it up
for transport. The brokers go to great length to hide the fact that they are not
the actual carrier. Thats because you can contract directly with the carrier
yourself and get actual updates, good insurance coverage, and make personal
contact with the actual people doing the work. If you use a broker, try to get a
report on your car's location. They will always have to get back to you after
they try to locate your car.
    Randy Long
    73 spider