Re: [alfa] Spider Hardtops + rollbars

I know that you can buy rollbars that allow the soft top to be pulled over, which leads me to believe a hardtop should fit just fine.

If you're looking for a rollbar so you can take your Spider on track days or time trialing, I'd check with the sanctioning body's rulebook.  For time-trials with AROSC, the rollbar must be 2" above your helmet when you're sitting in your seat.  For me at 6'2", this resulted in taking off the entire soft top so the rollbar hoop portion could be made wider which allowed the seat to be pushed back further (I used the stock seat).  Needless to say, this configuration didn't allow for a hardtop or soft top.

Now it's possible an aftermarket seat would not only be skinnier but also have the seat bottom be lower than the stock seat.

Sorry if I rambled(sp?) on, but hopefully it made sense.

Steven
'66 Giulia Super
'86 Spider Graduate