[alfa] Re: original 66 GT Veloce Paint and Interior (AR-303 and Black or Gray?)

Biba,
I agree completely with your comments! All you left out was how the color changes after years in the sun. ;-)
I don't require a 'perfect' match to anything. But I am darn curious what this AR-303 was, and whether Alfa intended AR-501 to be the same color.
Along the lines of your comment, I saw the Glasso book, which was organized by year and thus had many AR-501 chips with the formula on the reverse. Interestingly, the formula wasn't always the same.
On the other hand, at a recent Alfa event, you could look across the filed and a surprising number of the cars looked the 'same red'. That is my target... with the cars 5 feet apart, AR-501 should look the same.
And what is AR-303? The name is cool... Alfa Rossa Corsa. Does anyone have definitive proof that this is the same as AR-501?