[alfa] 164 viscous coupling limited slip installed

I finally installed the limited slip differential on my 164 S. It is a viscous coupling which comes standard on some Lancias with the same transmission and engine. Installation requires dropping the transaxle but was straightforward. As it was my own idea, I know that I might not be the most objective judge of its value. However, I will share with the Digest that I find the viscous coupling very noninvasive and smooth (no torque steer or abrupt action). On the other hand, once it is activated by a speed difference between the front wheels, it does what it is expected to do in terms of added stability and acceleration out of turns. In my opinion, it makes the car more enjoyable as a daily driver. I wish I could also supply before and after lap times, but I don't race the car.

Sonny
91 164 S
Baltimore