[alfa] Welcome back— to me

I'm welcoming myself back to the Digest after several years of being away. I used to be a member
before I sold my '83 Spider for a trip to Europe to see a now-unrespected ex-girlfriend. I always
told her how much selling that car meant to me being an Alfa Romeo, a convertable, and an
inheritance from my late father even so, she complained that I didn't really love her. Ingrate
what does she think love /is?/ I sold my Alfa!!!

Anyway, time has passed, and I have driven many a dull ride, and nothing I will miss. Long
acknowledging that my forray out of the Alfa Romeo fold was temporary, I have bided my time. Now
my time has been bode. I am not going to make a purchase immediately, but I have made the decision
to set it as a goal. Being a musician, I suffer money struggles, so purchases are generally
planned well in advance. But what I would like to start doing at this point is reading up and
learning about everything Alfa Romeo, and the Digest despite all the occasional bickering and
fighting and hatred is a good source of information. I am also interested in local Alfa Owner's
Group meetings is the Houston, Texas chapter still together? I went to one meeting years ago, but
then fell out of touch. Is Andrew Garcia still racing?

It feels good to be back. Granted, it will feel better when I actually have an Alfa to drive, but,
now that the decision has been made and I can feel it coming, I can more easily wait. My current
plan is to gradually allocate finances for use toward a Spider or GTV6 road/track car, and start
working on a 75/Milano IMSA Corse project car whenever funds permit after that. The later project
is obviously a long-term one, and really more of a dream at this point, but I'm interested.

Please have mercy on me if at some point in the future I happen to ask a question without
thinking first, or, more seriously, ever say anything naive. I have made this error before, and
have paid the Alfa Digest price for my ignorance, thrice over already. I mean you no harm, I am
just a human being.

Thank you, and I am looking forward to becoming up to date.

Kind Regards,

Gregory Scott