[alfa] 1750 cam cover bump

Perhaps this deep subject might not be too spellbinding for many of you, but why does the 1750 cam cover have the rectangular crooked bump near the passenger / right rear cam's retainer "nut"?

The 750-101's cam cover has the same or similar bump though drilled to take a stud. My understanding it was a support for the Normale's single carb.

Since all 1750's (to the best of my knowledge) came with either Spica's or twin dual throat carbs, why the redundant bump? Same reason we're delivered with tonsils?

Small minds want to know...

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA