[alfa] Stainless steel shims for brake pads

The Richard Welty asks if type 304 stainless, 0.012", mill finish seems about right for making his own.

******

I was given five shims for the front brake pads on my Alfetta GT. The one I have left is just plain sheet metal and is 0.0245" thick. For three sides, should be fairly easy to cut, but you'll have a lot of fun cutting the rounded top pieces and the two holes are horizontally oblong - .26" x .312".

When ordering my brake pads by phone, the salesperson (not the boss) commented he never bothered with them himself but used only brake squeal "goo". For the heck of it, I did both - the shims and the goo (both sides of the shim) - though I've never really had a brake squeal problem since using the goo for about 15 years. All seems fine in any event.

Richard, should you be making them for an Alfetta or your pads are the same, you're welcome to this one.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA