[alfa] Brake Bleeding Procedure

I use a very down market version of the Speedbleeder to bleed my brakes: I buy a one-way aquarium check valve at my local big box pet supply emporium for about two bucks and attach clear plastic aquarium air tubing to either end. Attach one free end of the tubing to the caliper bleed nipple, the other end goes into a jar to catch the old fluid (I always but a bit of clean fluid into the bottom of the jar so that the hose is submerged). Open the bleed nipple, and start pumping the brake pedal (making sure that the MC never runs dry. Makes brake bleeding a one person job, and works like a charm. Make sure that the check valve is oriented in the proper direction (it should have a arrow on the side to indicate the proper direction of air/fluid flow).

Joe Fillip
Swarthmore, PA