Re: More about [alfa] GTV6 fuel pump/filter orientation?

X194ME@domain.elided wrote:

Is the screen that goes inside the tank still available, and how easy is to replace it? I noticed on the shop manual that they are some gaskets involved as well and I am a little concern on having fuel leaks latter on if I don't replace the gaskets as well but I am not sure if any of this stuff still available.

Dear X194U

I don't know beans about a Milano but I do have way more experience with a GTV6 fuel tank than I want. The in-tank screen filter is, as far as I can discern, unavailable. You can just do without it if you put a free flow type filter in the line from the tank to the pump. On the GTV6 the only "gasket" involved is a copper washer on the banjo fitting and that can be annealed and re-used. (I can never remember the annealing process - heat it to a dull cherry red and then quench it in water - or don't quench it - somebody help here.)

John