[alfa] Milano fuel pump problems...?

My 1988 Verde' will run in and out of tune, warm or cold, and the fuel pump sometimes runs after the car is shut off and the key is out. The last time it stayed on with the key out I went around pulling all the sensor connections to see what would turn it off if any. It stopped after I unplugged the drivers side fuel relay connector. Swapped the relay but it has a different Bosch number on it. The one in the car is 0332514127 and the one I swapped in was 0332514121. No difference. What are the symptoms of a fuel pump gone bad?

I'm stumped. Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks