Re: [alfa] Atlanta Italian Car Day - 1959 Touring body Alfa something...

The 2000 iron block Spider truly was a beautiful car and probably one of the nicest classic cars at the show along with a couple of the Ferraris ('62 250 GTE & 275 GTB SWB). The car is owned by Mark Strohauer and this is his second one. It had been almost ten years since I had seen some of my old Alfa friends, but I can share the story Mark told me of how he acquired it. Know little of the history of these rare old cars.

The car as you saw it was all original except for the wire wheels and in fantastic condition. Mark told me that he traveled to Pennsylvania to look at this car about seven years ago when it was offered for sale, but the owner changed his mind when Mark got there. When Mark got back to Atlanta wrote the owner a nice letter thanking him for the opportunity to see the car at least and that if he ever did decide to sell it, to get back to him. The owner did and Mark has a very fine example of this particular Alfa.

I was at this show on Saturday and saw this spectacular Alfa! Can anybody tell
me some more about it.
Bob Pinkowski
Sold my '70 240Z to Tim Suddard and will be on the
lookout for a Giulietta Sprint next year.