[alfa] Re: Hard starting Spider

Chris,

I think your diagnosis is correct, about fuel pressure dropping, and my
solution has been a regular program of dosing the fuel with Techron.  I use
at least one, often 2 of the "5000" or stronger product, each 6000 miles.
I find that starting performance of both my Twin Sparks improves almost
straight away.  This is a good substitute for the dealer "on car" fuel
injection cleaners which are significantly more expensive, and inconvenient
for me, as I don't go to dealers.

This makes the assumption that you have already cleaned your battery
terminals and all the other standard service items, and I clean the AFM as
well as the Throttle plate.

(A side note for the gent asking about whether to run Bosch Spark Plugs.  I
won't, (read my recent post about the insulator coming away from threaded
part on Super Plus 4's.)

YMMV,
Cheers,
david