[alfa] 164 spark plug?

Just changed my plugs in my 164S from the Bosch Platumnum+4s to the
standard single electrode Bosch platinums.  After the new plugs the car
just does not run right, blowing smoke, and pinging.  I did get the
plugs recommended for the S (4216).  My question is should I go back to
+4s or is there a better plug out there, NGK?  The car does burn some
oil, so hopefully there is a plug that can cope with that, maybe the
standard bosch plugs just cant deal with the oil.

Thanks,
Massimo

---