Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 08:17 PM 10/4/2004, you wrote:

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:41:51 -0400
From: Bob2100@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Poly Bushings = Noise, Vibration, and Harshness?

Greeting 164 owners,

Yesterday I replaced the large end bushing on the torque arm upper motor mount) of my '95 164LS with a blue Poly bushing I bought from one of our better aftermarket suppliers. No other changes were made. This morning, when I first started the motor to drive to work I was startled by the additional amount of noise and vibration being transmitted into the passenger compartment. I could hear a whole lot more mechanical noise from the starter and engine and much more suspension noise during my drive. For sure, my old bushing was shot and this one is a lot tighter, but I find the increased NVH unacceptable.
Is my experience unique, or have others noticed the same? I am ready to pull the Poly bushing and revert to stock.

TIA for your inputs.

Bob A.
Paducah KY