Re: [alfa] Re: Alfa and other brochures for sale

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:02:21 -0400 Brian Shorey <bshorey@domain.elided> wrote:

> > I want to take a moment and apologize to you all..
> >
> > I had no idea I could not send out a note saying I had
> > hundreds of old Alfa and thousands of other brochures for
> > sale. I was not aware that this kind of post is not allowed.
> >
> > Once again, my apologies to you all if I have offended
> > anyone. I was just trying to help you guys out with any old
> > brochures you might need for your cars.

> Hmm, since when?  Are you doing this as a business?  Then yes, I think the
> protocol is you should offer some kind of support to Richard.  As a private
> individual looking to unload a collection, I don't think this kind of stuff
> is frowned upon.

right. "classifieds" by individual members are fine, but using the digest
as free advertising media for a business is where the problem comes in.
we have paying advertisers who might well be miffed if i let others
pop in and send out free ads.

> By the way, perhaps I missed the introduction?  Some indication of who you
> are might help some folks be a little more responsive.

i would note that Serge has responded to my private note chastising him
over this promptly and politely, so there doesn't seem to be a requirement
for a mob scene.

richard