[alfa] Suggestions for Touring Car Tires? (non Alfa)

I have a Volvo S80 that needs new tread and I'm wondering what the current best suggestions are from this group.

Vital parameters are:

* Car is used for freeway driving to/from office
* Car is used in rainy/drizzly Seattle
* Car may see 2-3 days of snow each winter (or may not, sometimes it doesn't snow)
* Car is a large sedan, larger than the 164 (obligatory Alfa menion) but for similar use
* Cars' typical driver likes to go fast on the freeway but doesn't do twisties
* Car currently has Dunlop SP Sport A2 installed which have worked fine for approx 25k miles

What's new and what's exciting and what's less expensive? (Second obligatory Alfa reference.)

Replies off digest, please, due to low/no Alfa content.

TIA

Tom
Seattle