[alfa] Speaking of 164 HVAC servo motors...

This morning I could not get the air directed to the defrost vents.

It would only come out of the main (upper) vents. If I pressed another
location that light would come on, and I could hear a faint tapping
sound, but it would still come out of the main vents.
The tapping sound would continue even after I turned the HVAC off.
Unless I pressed the "all forward" (upper, first) button again and
then shut the HVAC off.
Controlling the fan speed works okay.
It just could not change location/direction of air flow.

The tapping sound is so quiet that it is difficult to hear even at idle.
Is this the dreaded "stepper motor" failure?

-Jeff